11.30.2008

Hodgepodge

To write an update? To list thankfulnesses? To pick a topic and run with it? To post about the weather? To post a fiction piece? To sit here wondering out loud what to put here...?

Coffee, cigarettes, wine and the random bit of a meal here and there make for a very cold winter. Not yet winter, is it? I'm already freezing.

The gratefulness of having the Greatest Friends in the world, the growing connections in-house and the joyful laughter of kidlets fill the air. Of course, so does the need to tidy up a bit and that looms more than fills and I want to squash it rather than actually work through it.

Alas, the mess is not about to Mickey Mouse its way to the cupboards... And there are preparations to make before preparations can be made for that jolly red-suited fellow's arrival.

The sparrows are flying again*, which reminds me.
---
* No, I don't use the words in that order without realizing I am not the first to do it. (nod to: Stephen King)