4.03.2007

Read it and ...read it again. And again...and...ag--

The thing I hate most about following recipes? Hm, it's a toss up, but no salad - I hate having to run back to the doggone store for more of something I know I had when I planned the meal...suddenly, my reserves are cut to a quarter of expectation. Incredibly frustrating, but the drive is a good break. But then there's that whole "why can't you follow a recipe?!" thing. I can follow it, when the words don't go jumbling around before my eyes.

I don't have any trouble keeping printed words, before my eyes, in order. Nor do I have trouble comprehending written information. I enjoy reading, understand well the things I've read, even have the memory to recall them years and years later. I'm even able to envision things that I read, where applicable. Yet somehow, those three or five little sentences of the recipe last night, filled with dessert-gold for reward, just won't stay in order.

How many people can't follow a recipe? One. Any others? Or do I seriously get to suffer this shame alone?

It's not the measuring/ingredients part. It's not even all the time. But yesterday, hot damn if I couldn't figure when to do this part and when to do that part....and then I didn't get to make my favorite cookies because of it.

Arg. Maybe I can blame the writer or editor instead? Ooh, then it's not my Fault at all. hmm...interesting.