Hubbed Wheel Rotates a Spoke's Worth
"So, how do you do it?"
--"Use my imagination."
"Of course it'd be that simple."
...Until your Mother calls.
Today, on waking, I tried this trick. Use my own imagination, what I want most througout this day. List making. Yay! (kidding, really.) Threw in some chores, some tasks that I didn't really want to do, but would've liked done and done my way and considered what the kidlet had been bugging me for days that kept getting pushed to the side, by both of us. Also, I decided then and there that any wrenches thrown in along the way would be allowed to flow along, seen, dealt with serenely, and moved past, that they don't suck up the day's hours from the Wants. So...
"Yes, Kidlet. We will go and do that now. I know you've really looked forward to it for a few days already and I will stop what I am doing, since it can wait, to spend the time doing what you want most."
Enter Mother.
"No, when I'm done helping your Grandmother with this, we'll go back to that. Helping your Grandmother should take only about fifteen minutes. It will not take three hours, I'm sure of it."
...Little did I know.
Mum gets crabby when we - the kidlets and I - don't visit so often. It's been more than a month again, which is a ghastly long time in her mind. Today, she needed medical items that Father couldn't have picked up before the shops closed if he'd tried really hard, and he couldn't leave work early. So, I offered. "You need, I'm able." She didn't want me to make the drive if the kidlets (Sickies, currently, and therefore homebound) weren't also coming. "Your choice. Offer stands."
After a few calls, she agreed I was right. Father'd never get from points A, B, C, D and E before B and C closed. She took me up on my offer and I turned to the kidlet.
"I'm very sorry, Kidlet. Helping your Grandmother will take more than three hours, as it turns out."
Kidlet was fine. There were greater things to do than hang out with Mom anyway. Lucky Kidlet...
I got to hang out with Mom.
