2.13.2007

What's my purpose here, anyway?

What's a blog for anyway? Is it the utmost important way to communicate with masses we don't meet in real time? Is it the best way to get a date? Perhaps it's space for one to vent without limits. Maybe it's all of these things for a some, none of them for others?

So, what is my purpose here?

I have kept a blog mostly for the opportunity to get my thoughts out to others who may offer perspectives I hadn't considered. I do it at a release of the thoughts that keep me up nights, wandering around, winding themselves up so tight I can't remember what sparked them in the first place. I come back and spit out more to air opinions my friends and family won't admit to sharing, only to find fellow bloggers easily and readily agree with them.

I read for reassurance that I am indeed not the only one left in the world (other than The Man) to see life through reasonable, practical logic.

I write and read to procrastinate putting into practice all that logic...sometimes.

So I'm starting over and considering, what do I want this blog to reflect of me? Do I want to continue the way things were, rambling on about whatever floats into those realms of ranting, editorializing, daydreaming and listing? Or will some order come about in this zone?

Zone. I wasn't feeling particularly witty in the moment of frustrating disappointment - that moment I chose a new title for a new blog. I admit it. It's cheesy as hell, but matches the URL, which I'd been wishing over the years I'd done with the first one. There's that explained then.

And, without further ado, let the blogging begin!
(maybe in a few hours or so...perhaps a day? Afterall, real-time life won't wait.)