Chosing Choices
Well, for those that are still reading then:
--
All this talk of choice and respect and mutual agreements and kindness and love, love, love.
Blogging. Something I haven't done in what seems to really be simply too long. Changes have happened and we'll see what happens this time around.
Kicked off with a reading of various old haunts, those of you that still welcome "just any" reader. Whitey, what's the deal? Of all those I wanted to catch up on, yours was high priority. Turns out I'm not invited... *sigh. That's what I get for being absent for so long, I suppose. T, nice goin' on the new job. How come I get a 404 when I use my link though?
Anyhoo, scopin' out the scene, seems many are on about what it means to give in a relationship. Nowhere, however, do I find the word Commitment.
...that's likely the only time you'll see it used in this post, too. I've a crummy history that way.
That doesn't mean that I don't understand choice, respect, love, friendship, appreciation, integrity, honesty, trust. Bearing in mind that none of them have to go hand in hand with one another, nor with that C word above, understand also that I understand human, limitation, fallibility, desire... These lists are endless, yano.
Here's the thing: It's all good. Time, place, yada yada, whatever. Any of their limiting definitions can be twisted around, save for one. Choice.
Lemme try somethin' here.
I choose to trust and appreciate honest frienships built on integrity and respect to reflect love regardless of the limitations that humanity will offer or the fallibility that desire may pose.
Well, that was neat.
Further, I choose to keep aware that each of those words, by their individual, finite definitions, is a choice in and of itself. And I choose to keep aware of those choices as well as every other choice I make in a day.
Because if I don't choose-- Rush comes to mind. "And if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." That's on the ...see (S)wine's comment.
Oh, crap. Is the sideways smiley-thingy still standard protocol? Have I missed fancy emoticons or anything like that? Can I still blog in my pajamas? Am I supposed to? ...sheeesh, so much to catch up on...
